Our Mission and Values
Jesus said, “Love one another as I have loved you.” and these words have formed the mission statement of our school. It expresses the values and standards expected in our school. In short, people matter; individual differences are respected; and everyone in the school is valued.
These special words are quickly learnt by all the children who attend Our Lady's Catholic Primary School and this care is extended to parents as much as the children. We know that children thrive best with love and care in their world, and we aim to provide a happy, secure and caring environment for every child in our care.
Our School Aims
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum as we strive to prepare our children for life in modern Britain.
- To develop children’s joy and understanding of the Catholic faith enriching their lives with an understanding of the way Jesus showed us to live our lives.
- To provide a happy, secure and caring environment enabling high-quality education to flourish.
- To build in our children high self-esteem and a strong sense of well-being within a loving atmosphere, developing spiritually and emotionally in partnership with the home, parish and local community.
- To provide equal access to the curriculum sharing opportunities to explore, experiment and learn.
Blue Butterfly – please remind your child if they have a problem, no matter how small, it is important to tell an adult in school straight away. We sometimes get butterflies in our tummy if something makes us worried so tell an adult and we will try and help. Mrs O’Neill, Mr Robinson, Miss Gribble and Miss Bedford are the Designated Safeguarding Team.